Open Source to Crowdsource: The Wonders of WordPress as Performance Support
Many organizations, business divisions, and project teams could benefit greatly by offering performance support solutions for their customers, stakeholders, or end users. However, many of these groups are neither prepared to spend money on a commercial performance support tool, nor expert enough to marshal the resources required to build one. These groups could use a platform for building performance support that is cost-effective, versatile, and integrates easily with the corporate CRM, LMS, ERP, or plain old intranet.
In this session, participants will see real-world examples of performance support systems that were built using the open-source WordPress content management system. From a $30 million software company to a $1 billion clothing manufacturer, the examples will illustrate how companies and distributor networks of all sizes, and even project teams, have put WordPress to work for them with relative ease.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why WordPress has become the dominant open-source content management system on the web today
- How organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies, are using WordPress as an internal performance support platform
- Some of the ways Wordpress, as a PS platform, can integrate with other corporate systems like LMS, CRM, ERP, and intranet
- How to determine whether WordPress might be a viable alternative for your next PS initiative
- How you can learn more about WordPress and its capabilities
About Jon Matejcek:
Dashe & Thomson
Jon Matejcek, the president of Dashe & Thomson, a change-management firm, has spent more than 20 years in the learning, development, and communications industries. In addition to having started and sold his own technology company, Jon has been a commercial film producer and an executive at a $4 billion travel and hospitality company.
NOTE: All registrants will receive log-in instructions for this webinar in their registration confirmation email which is sent out immediately after registering.
*There is no charge for the virtual meetings