Measure Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes Securely for Certification, Regulatory Compliance and Successful Learning Outcomes
October 25, 2013.pptx
Assessments play a vital role in measuring employees’ knowledge, skills and attitudes. Effective assessments also help organizations identify learning needs, manage talent, monitor performance and ensure regulatory compliance.
This interactive presentation will explore the different types of assessments and explain their respective applications, with particular emphasis on how trainers and instructional designers can use surveys, quizzes, tests and exams to enhance the learning process. It will also examine the connection between organizational needs and quality assessment practices.
Key concepts that will be addressed
· Using questions and feedback to enhance learning and decrease forgetting
· Types of assessments used before, during and following learning activities
· Setting pass/fail scores for criterion-referenced assessments
· Interpreting item (question) and test statistics to determine reliability
· Basic principles for making assessments support organizational goals
· Emerging practices including mobile delivery and assessment for informal learning initiatives
· Identify business drivers for learning and assessment
· Distinguish among different assessment types and their uses before, during and after learning
· Understand the impact of assessments and feedback on learning and retention
Eric Shepherd leads Questionmark in providing testing and assessment technologies and services to businesses, test publishers, credentialing organizations, government agencies, educational institutions and other organizations around the world. Recognized as one of the world’s authorities on assessment software, Eric has championed the use of online assessments for learning, qualifying and performing. He serves on the Board of Directors of the HR-XML Consortium and was instrumental in the development of the IMS Question and Test Interoperability (IMS QTI) standard. He has also served on the Association of Test Publisher's board and was the first chairman of ATP’s European Division.
Disclaimer: while we do anticipate a sold out event for each Lunch and Learn, events that do not have a minimum of 10 paid registrants, prior to the deadline, will be canceled. Registration deadlines are 72 hrs. before the scheduled event. Full refunds will be issued should a cancelation by ASTD occur.
3308 W Hillsborough Ave Tampa, FL 33614
INDIVIDUAL Meeting Cancellation Policy: We understand that unanticipated events happen in life and business. Due to the time and expense involved, ASTD is not able to issue refunds or credits for future meetings. Feel free to have a colleague attend in your place or use this opportunity to help us grow our membership by inviting a potential new member or guest to attend. Thank you for assisting us in our endeavor to keep costs low, so we can better serve all our attendees. Effective 3/1/13
“This program can be counted as _1__ point(s) towards your CPLP recertification. Save the event registration confirmation and program details to support completion of the recertification application.”