Developing and Implementing the Outward Mindset
Arbinger’s work reveals two distinct mindsets from which people and organizations operate—a self-focused inward mindset and an others-inclusive
outward mindset. Arbinger has a thirty five-year record of successfully helping organizational change efforts by equipping people to shift to an outward mindset. Studies show that organizations that focus on this kind of mindset change are four times more likely to succeed in organizational change efforts than companies that focus only on changing behavior.
Arbinger helps organizations and their people to turn outward by (1) shifting
their mindsets, (2) equipping leaders to invite outward mindset ways of working
among their teams, and (3) helping leaders to turn organizational systems
and processes outward in order to invite and reward sustained, systemic change.
This process begins with Arbinger’s foundational workshop, Developing
and Implementing an Outward Mindset (DIOM). In this course, participants learn how to implement a performance platform that enables them to operate with an outward mindset. They learn and apply four sets of tools: self-awareness tools that help them see when they might be operating with an inward mindset; mindset-change tools that they can apply to turn their mindsets outward; accountability tools that help them to operate in their roles with an outward mindset; and collaboration tools that teams can deploy together in order to operate with an outward mindset.
Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset equips participants with a set of self-awareness tools, mindset-change tools, accountability tools, and collaboration tools that enable them to:Included Materials
• Understand the two mindsets and their implications on results
• Assess the extent to which they are working with an inward mindset
• Change their mindsets to become more outward
• Re-conceive their jobs to make them more outward
• Hold themselves more fully accountable
• Report on performance in a way that keeps them working outward
• Work in a way that is more collaborative, fulfilling, and effective
• Positively influence others to change
• Address and resolve conflicts
Materials for participants include the DIOM Participant Handbook, Sustainment Video Guide (and accompanying videos), and two of Arbinger’s bestselling books, Leadership and Self-Deception and The Outward Mindset.
Date, Time & Location
- September 19, 2019
- 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Lunch will be provided
- South University, 4401 North Himes Ave, Tampa, FL 33614
- ATD Florida Suncoast Chapter Members - $325
- Students - $275 (must submit current course schedule)
- Non-Members - $400 (become a member for only $65!)
Facilitator Photo & Bio
Jo Schaeffer | Senior Consultant | The Arbinger Institute