Engage with Technology and Improve Learning and Talent Programs
Few would argue that internet video, social networks and the smartphone have had a substantial impact on our lives. A couple statistics in case you need some convincing: over a billion people check Facebook every day and YouTube reaches more 18-49 year olds than any cable network!
The good news is that the underlying video and collaboration technologies can now easily be integrated in the corporate setting to improve learning, onboarding, performance management –
Rebecca Osborne, SVP Talent Development, Lee Hecht Harrison, and Charles DeNault, Talent Management Analyst at Wainhouse Research, will lead this highly interactive session in which attendees will discover and discuss
- How adult learning styles and motivational outlooks influence technology and pedagogical choices
- How a slate of new technologies can increase interaction, feedback and knowledge retention for classroom based learning
- How enable to learning through social and experiential activities
Charge up your smartphone so you can experience these technologies and tools first hand!
Charles DeNault, Senior Analyst, Wainhouse Research
Charles covers learning management with a focus on how these platforms can improve employee performance. He is particularly interested in the intersection of talent management with video and collaborative technologies. At leading industry events, Charles has spoken on a variety of topics including video learning, coaching, social learning, and evaluating learning programs. Several of his articles have been published in CLO Magazine, Inside Learning Technologies, HR Grapevine, and HR Zone.
Rebecca Osborne, Director of Talent Development, SeniorLink
Rebecca helps companies grow future leaders, build an engaged workforce and maximize their investment in their people. For over 20 years she has coached managers and business leaders to find their rhythm in leading their people authentically and successfully. She finds itexhilarating to witness managers experiencing the “a-ha” moments in which they open their eyes, minds and hearts to the art and practice of developing their people.Meeting Agenda:
5:30-6:00 PM Registration and Networking
6:00-6:30 PM Dinner and Announcements
6:30-7:30 PM Speaker Presentation7:30-8:00 PM
Our meeting location is:
4401 North Himes Avenue
Classroom #2533 (second floor)
Tampa, FL 33614
Our meeting is being held in classroom #2533, and someone will be at the front door to direct you.
- Classroom is located on second floor.
- If using the stairs, turn right at the 2nd floor landing, classroom is down hall on the right.
- If using elevator, upon exiting, turn left, classroom is down the hall on the right.
- Our monthly chapter meeting & topic will be held on the third Thursday of each month EXCEPT September and December.