Curation and xAPI Technology: Keeping Up with the Pace of Learning in 2017 and Beyond
Description of Presentation: Whether you espouse the 70-20-10 model of learning or not, you would likely agree that the vast majority of our learning comes from experience and not from formal educational events. You might also agree that much of traditional learning and development has occupied just the 10% portion; that is, formal educational events. See how new approaches and technologies are moving learning and development into the 70% (job-related experiences) and 20% (interactions with others) realms.
• Describe the current state of learning
• Identify opportunities for curation as a method of rapid development of learning resources
• Compare old LMS usage with new xAPI use cases (non-technical)
Julie Capsambelis, a leader in organization development and training has been recognized as a Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) by ISPI since 2006. Julie has consulted internally and externally in the telecommunications, hospitality, education, and retail industries. Julie also has significant experience with global organizations in India, China, Southeast Asia and Europe. Her research areas of focus include instructional technology, mobile learning, and in particular, xAPI learning record technology. Julie is a Senior Manager of Organization and Development at Syniverse Technologies in Tampa, FL.Meeting Agenda:
5:30-6:00 PM Registration and Networking
6:00-6:30 PM Dinner and Announcements
6:30-7:30 PM Speaker Presentation7:30-8:00 PM
Our new meeting location is:
4401 North Himes Avenue
Classroom #2533 (second floor)
Tampa, FL 33614
Our meeting is being held in classroom #2533, and someone will be at the front door to direct you.
- Classroom is located on second floor.
- If using the stairs, turn right at the 2nd floor landing, classroom is down hall on the right.
- If using elevator, upon exiting, turn left, classroom is down the hall on the right.