Position Title: Advisor, Instructional Developer - Req. 1800477
Raymond James Financial is an American diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies that engage primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to investment banking and asset management.
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to develop educational programs, courses, and content for instructor-led and online delivery formats for branch and home office associates. May have extensive contact with internal and external customers to identify, research, and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development of enterprise-wide programs, cross-functional educational solutions.
• Develops educational programs based on clients’ needs or on subject matter including but not limited to: technical applications, operations procedures, industry, business management, leadership, high potential, and compliance as directed.
• Creates instructional plans, conducts needs assessments with clients and subject matter experts, develops learning objectives and lesson plans, and creates instructional materials for multiple media formats including PowerPoint, web-based, and print.
• Consults with subject matter experts in various client areas to develop content.
• Develops detailed storyboards as necessary to guide the development of media.
• Adheres to design criteria and standards in instructional design and delivery.
• Conducts evaluations to measure participant reactions to content and participant learning.
• Maintains and updates all courses in accordance with technical or procedural changes.
• Consults with various clients including other educational service providers at Raymond James as well as various business units and provides recommendations on design of educational content.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for educational systems to provide guidance and support to Level I & II LS Developers and business partners.
• Review content of educational programs and provides feedback to verify it adheres to service level standards.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, the firm’s Business Units (BU), and operations.
• Educational theory with concentration in adult learning methods at an advanced level.
• All levels of instructional systems design including the development of talent programs including leadership and high potential development programs at an advanced level.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• HTML (or other authoring tool), and educational multimedia authoring tools sufficient to develop and maintain course materials. Working knowledge of Adobe Captivate and/or Creative Suite is a plus.
• Intermediate reasoning and decision making
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
• Create content for different types of audiences that adhere to design criteria and standards.
• Research, analyze, and propose learning solutions for educational needs.
• Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation, and effectiveness.
• Understand cultural differences and perceptions
• Provide a high level of customer service
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends, and apply finding to assignments
• Incorporate needs, wants, and goals from different business unit perspectives into an educational program.
• Stay current on specific knowledge requirements for position.
• Provide positive as well as developmental feedback on performance.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university and a minimum of two (2) years of instructional design and development experience required.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
PO Box 273114
Tampa, FL 33688