Elections are completed. We are still looking for some volunteers for the following position:
VP Member Services – OPEN
VP Public Relations - OPEN
VP Sponsor Services – OPEN
To volunteer please contact our incoming President Steve Cascone firstname.lastname@example.org or Past President Vicky Allen email@example.com
Thank you to the following members volunteering voluntering to be part of our board team:
2014 ASTD Suncoast Chapter Board
President – Steve Cascone
President Elect – Clara Rose
Past President – Vicky Allen
Secretary – Christine Terrill
VP Finance – Robin Lavitch
VP Member Services – OPEN (Interim Pat Smolen)
VP Communications and Social Media – Andy Uskavitch
VP Community Involvement – Julia Stone
VP Programs and Workshops – Stephanie Jones
VP Professional Development – Linda Anhalt
VP Public Relations – OPEN
VP Sponsor Services – OPEN
VP Information Technology – Kari Knisely
VP Registration – Christine Sheehan
VP SIGs and GIGs – Kathy Bernardino
Sarasota GIG – JoAnn Froman
Sarasota GIG – Susan Lowy
SrHRD SIG – Pat Whalen
OD SIG – MaryJo Bartsch
ELearning SIG – Nick Elkins
Advisors – Ed Nolan, Pat Smolen, Jean Slepecky
We appreciate your input, from our February 2013 member survey we learned that members wanted more time and day options for our events with reduced/different pricing options for our events and we offered that with our Lunch and Learn series that began in April 2013.Thank you for your input to our programs and events!
Our October 2013 Member and Non-Member survey is now complete. Go to this link to see all the results. ASTD Highlights 2013 survey.docx
Here are the ideas you suggested and we are acting on.
Actions that the ASTD-Suncoast Board have already implemented based on the survey input from our members:
1. Reduced Emails: We have reduced the number of emails sent after meeting registration from 4 to 2! And reduced the event reminders from 3 to 2. We have worked out a system to minimize multiple emails for different events sent on the same day.
2. Topics: We agree with members that topics for meetings should not be repeated in same month and will work with each group to offer diverse and timely topics. For 2013 between the SIG/GIG meetings, Lunch and Learn and Chapter Dinner Meetings we met all but 1 of your topic requests. (Project Management for Trainers)
3. Meeting Options - Price and Location: We continue to look for meeting locations (low food costs and meeting room fee) to respond to requests from all of our members. To help us choose where to concentrate our efforts we asked where you live/work. Our survey responses came from (in order of most to least):
Hillsborough County (includes Tampa) 33
Pinellas County (includes St Pete and Clearwater) 22
Pasco County 11
Manatee County 6
Sarasota County 5
Polk County 2
Actions that we are now considering based on the survey input:
1. We will be contacting all members interested in participating in Chapter activities.
2. We will contact members not renewing their membership to find out why and improve our customer service and benefits.
3. We are currently looking for speakers on the topics suggested by our members and non-members.
4. Our website will continue to improve with your help and suggestions. Members with expertise are invited to join us to improve professional look, ease of access, reduce errors, to add needed features and give us all a site to be proud of.
A big Thank you to all members and non-members for sharing your suggestions to improve our ASTD Suncoast Chapter! Keep those suggestions coming – they are appreciated.
Vicky Allen, President, ASTD Suncoast Chapter Vicky@wildpalms.com
Steve Cascone, President Elect, ASTD Suncoast Chapter
Prize Winner: As an incentive to complete the survey, we offered a free registration for an up-coming dinner meeting. A total of 62 people entered their names into the drawing. A random number program was used to draw the winner: Vestina Crayton, guest to the ASTD-Suncoast Chapter. She has been notified of her prize, and we look forward to her joining us for dinner soon.